Submit A Business Plan
River Cities’ guidelines for submitting your business plan for review are as follows:
1. Create a Written Plan: We require a written business plan (<50 pages in total) to fully evaluate an investment prospect. The plan should include the following sections:
- Executive Summary
- Brief Company History
- Description of Products / Services
- Market Description & Analysis
- Overview and Analysis of Competition
- Marketing / Sales Strategy § Organizational Structure
- Detailed Resumes for Key Management
- Historical Financials and Five-Year Projections
- Financing Requirements and Use of Funds
- Capitalization Table Showing Current Ownership Percentages
- The plan should clearly indicate what factors lead to a sustainable competitive advantage that differentiates the business, including the fundamental value proposition for the customer and any channel partners.
2. Include an Executive Summary: The first few pages of the business plan should summarize the entire plan. The executive summary should contain summary financial information. An executive summary is sufficient to begin a dialogue with us, but a complete plan is required for an investment to occur.
3. Obtain an Introduction / Referral if Possible: There is no substitute for a personal introduction or referral to one of our portfolio managers from someone who knows both you and that manager.
4. Send the Plan: E-mail the plan if possible, or send a hardcopy if more appropriate. Email to bh (at) rccf.com Our mailing address is: River Cities Capital Funds, 221 East Fourth Street, Suite 2400, Cincinnati, OH 45202 Attn: Proposal.
5. Be Patient, Follow-up via E-mail: We typically review a plan within 10 business days of receipt, but sometimes it takes longer; feel free to follow-up via e-mail.